Thursday, March 24, 2011

Introduction

Hello there! This blog will be about exploring the Mercury programming language. Mercury is a declarative logic language like Prolog, but is purely functional and strongly typed like Haskell.

I do not intend this blog to be an introduction to the language unto itself; the Mercury documentation covers that fairly well. I rather intend it to be a companion to these introductory materials, or as a “bird’s eye view” of the capabilities of Mercury for those interested in learning it further.

Of course I will be happy to answer any questions about the language posed in the comments; I have been using Mercury on-and-off for a couple years and can probably field most basic questions.

My first series of posts will cover Mercury solutions to the great Project Euler problems, a collection of numeric problems with often non-trivial solutions.

With that, let’s begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment